The Wildlife Express Train transports Guests of all ages between the Harambe, Africa and Rafiki's Planet Watch areas of Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park.
Ride the rails aboard this rustic African train for a behind-the-scenes journey through several animal housing and care areas of Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park. Travel the savannah and see where rhinos, elephants and other animals spend the night and obtain the care they need.
The Wildlife Express Train is the only way to get to Rafiki's Planet Watch, an area dedicated to the preservation and conservation of animals. Here you can get an up-close look at the inner workings of Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park and take part in fun-filled, educational activities that help create awareness of animal issues.
Wildlife Express Train Ride Details
- Train is the only way to get to Rafiki's Planet Watch area
- Trains leave every 5-7 minutes.
- Each five-car train can seat up to 250 passengers.
- Board the train at the Harambe, Africa train station
- Must exit the train at Rafiki's Planet Watch area
- Must ride the train again to leave Rafiki's Planet Watch and return to Harambe, Africa
- Time from Harambe, Africa to Rafiki's Planet Watch is approximately seven minutes
- Return trip from Rafiki's Planet Watch to Harambe, Africa is approximately five minutes
- Round-trip journey is a total of 1.2 miles